Law firm Blank Rome has promoted Lauren B. Wilgus, a member of its Maritime Emergency Response Team (MERT) in New York, to Partner.
Wilgus focuses her her practice in the areas of international and maritime litigation and alternate dispute resolution. She has more than 17 years’ experience in the shipping industry and counsels clients on a range of maritime matters including:
- general litigation and counseling on behalf of domestic and foreign corporate interests; international and domestic commercial contract disputes, including arbitrations under AAA, ICC, SMA, and ad hoc arbitration terms;
- marine insurance coverage disputes, including protection and indemnity, general commercial liability, and marine liability;
- charterparty and contract disputes;
- alter ego prosecution and defense;
- COGSA and multi-modal cargo damage claims;
- maritime attachment (Rule B) and vessel arrest (Rule C) actions;
- recognition and enforcement of foreign arbitration awards and judgments;
- commercial negotiations and dispute resolutions involving charter party, service contract, and other transportation-related agreements.
Prior to entering private practice, Wilgus worked both as a claims adjuster at a major Japanese shipping company and as a claims executive at a P&I Club.