AUGUST 18, 2016 — Eastern Shipbuilding Group, Inc., Panama City, FL, reports that its Allanton Shipyard recently launched the Impala Puerto Salgar the second in a series of four inland river towboats under construction at the yard for IWL River, Inc.
The vessels will operate on the inland waterways of Latin America for Impala Terminals.
Designed by CT Marine, the 134 ft ABS class inland river service towboats are triple screw with a retractable pilothouse .
Deliveries are scheduled to start in late 2016 and continue into 2017.
The launch was hosted by Eastern’s Project Manager Joe Stark. Also in attendance was IWL River, Inc.’s owner’s representative, Ed Maxwell of Dufour, Laskey & Strouse, Inc.
Both Mr. Stark and Mr. Maxwell praised the hard work and dedication of the employees.
The Impala Puerto Salgar was blessed by Father Kevin McQuone, of St. John the Evangelist Catholic Church of Panama City, and christened by Kelley Rogers, a member of Eastern’s Purchasing Department for seven years.
Technical particulars of the towboat are:
- Length (LOA): 134′-0″
- Breadth: 42′-0″
- Depth: 9′-0″
- Minimum Operational Draft: 6′-0″
- Pilothouse Eyelevel (above waterline): 37′-6″
- Pilothouse Eyelevel (above waterline) retracted: 21′-12″
- Diesel main engines: Three Caterpillar 3512C, IMO II, 1,280 Horsepower @ 1,600 RPM.
- Reverse Reduction Gears: three Reintjes, WAF665
- Diesel Generators: two Caterpillar C6.6 125 kW, IMO II, 220-volt, 3-phase.
- Classification: ABS +1, Towing Vessel, River Service, +AMS, ABCU,
- Flag: Republic of Panama.