JULY 2, 2012 — U.S. Transportation Command has awarded indefinite-delivery/indefinite-quantity fixed-price contracts for international ocean and intermodal distribution services to eleven U.S.-flag shipping operations.
Under each contract, work will be performed worldwide as specified on each individual order, and is expected to be completed Aug. 31, 2013. Contract funds will expire at the end of the current fiscal year. U.S. Transportation Command, Directorate of Acquisition, Scott Air Force Base, Ill., is the contracting activity.
The contract recipients and values are
- Maersk Line, Ltd., Norfolk, Va. $2,100,000,000
- American President Lines, Ltd., Inc., Washington, D.C., $1,700,000,000
- American Roll-On Roll-Off Carrier, L.L.C., Park Ridge, N.J. $553,000,000 contract
- Farrell Lines, Inc., Norfolk, Va. $565,000,000
- Liberty Global Logistics, L.L.C., Lake Success, N.Y. $362,000,000
- Hapag-Lloyd USA, L.L.C., Tampa, Fla. $338,000,000
- Central Gulf Lines, Inc., Mobile, Ala. $142,000,000
- Foss International, Inc., Seattle, Wash., $51,000,000
- Matson Navigation Co., Inc., Oakland, Calif. $39,000,000
- Sealift, Inc., Oyster Bay, N.Y. $25,000,000
- Transatlantic Lines, Greenwich, Conn. $15,600,000