Registration is now open for Marine Log’s annual TTB—Tugs, Towboats & Barges conference, the only event dedicated exclusively to the tug, towboat and barge segments of the U.S. maritime transportation industry. The annual conference, known for its expert headliners and a focus on everything from the ins and outs of vessels to best operational practices, will take place virtually on Tuesday and Wednesday, March 23-24, 2021.
Last year, Marine Log expanded the event to include the inland river towboat segment of the industry, leading to an increase in attendance as a result. More than 350 people participated last year, triple the event’s attendance at Tugs & Barges in years prior.
“TTB is an opportunity to participate in a dialogue with the entire tug, towboat and barge industry’s leadership on key strategic challenges, issues, trends, lessons learned, and new project and technological developments,” says Marine Log Editor-in-Chief Heather Ervin. “The event builds on a long-running series of Tugs & Barges conferences, which we have now expanded to cover vessel operations from inland rivers to coastal routes.”
This year’s two-day lineup of expert speakers will cover a number of topics important to vessel owners and operators. With a new administration incoming and the current COVID-19 environment, TTB focuses on the fact that the industry is thriving in challenging times.
- New Administration. New Congress. Opportunities and Challenges;
- Everything You Hope You’ll Never Need to Know about Restructuring;
- An Examination of Recent Tug, Towboat and Barge Incidents from NTSB;
- Creditor’s Rights Under Maritime Law: Tools to Consider under COVID-19;
- An update on Container-on-Barge and the Mississippi River;
- Innovations in Tug and Towboat Design;
- And more …
In addition to its speakers, TTB 2021 is being supported by a number of sponsors, who include Bristol Harbor Group, Lignum Vitae, JonRie InterTech, Elliott Bay Design Group, among others to be announced soon.
Robert “Bob” Lennon, business development manager–Americas for Rexnord CENTA, headquartered in Milwaukee, Wis., will once again moderate the event.
- To inquire about sponsorship opportunities, contact David Harkey at [email protected].