FEBRUARY 5, 2013 — Smit Salvage, Singapore, was awarded on Feb. 1, 2013, a $24,889,904 delivery order against previously awarded indefinite-delivery/indefinite-quantity, cost-plus-award-fee contract (N00024-12-D-4120) to provide support for emergency response and recovery operations for the USS Guardian (MCM 5) grounding on Tubbataha Reef, Sulu Sea, Philippines.
The Navy said last month that the only way remove the ship without causing further damage to the reef is in pieces (see earlier story).
Support provided by Smit will include personnel, vessels and equipment required for assessment, planning, stabilization, oil removal and vessel recovery.
Work will be performed in the vicinity of the Tubbataha Reef, Philippines, (72 percent); Palawan, Philippines, (15 percent); Singapore, SG, (10 percent); Washington, D.C., (1 percent); Rotterdam, The Netherlands, (1 percent); and Pearl Harbor, Hawaii, (1 percent), and is expected to be completed by December 2013.
Fiscal 2013 Operations and Maintenance, Navy funds in the amount of $24,889,904 will be obligated at time of award. Contract funds will not expire at the end of the current fiscal year. The Naval Sea Systems Command, Washington D.C., is the contracting activity.
- 2011-03-30 - American Salvage Association establishes Education Committee
- 2011-06-06 - American Salvage Association relocates offices
- 2012-03-27 - Salvage of capsized tug in dry dock successful
- 2012-03-29 - Resolve completes Sri Lanka wreck removal project
- 2012-05-23 - Rena salvage operations continue
- 2012-10-31 - New Crowley tug assists stranded Cuban boxship
- 2012-11-28 - Resolve completes Jireh wreck removal
- 2012-12-04 - Donjon pumps play vital part in Sandy response
- 2012-12-14 - Titan Salvage opens depot in Cairns, Australia
- 2012-12-17 - Captain Dennis Brand rejoins Titan Salvage
- 2013-01-03 - Coast Guard lands salvage team on grounded rig
- 2013-01-07 - Grounded Alaska drilling unit refloated and under tow
- 2013-01-30 - Navy to remove grounded minesweeper one piece at a time
- 2013-02-05 - Crowley and Titan wrap up Hurricane Sandy response efforts
- 2013-02-07 - Titan Salvage makes VP appointment
- 2013-03-04 - Resolve and FDNY sign marine fire response agreement
- 2013-03-27 - Patrick Keenan joins Titan Salvage
- 2013-04-12 - Inland Salvage completes salvage of jack-up in GoM
- 2013-04-24 - Titan refloats grounded box ship from U.K’s Farne Islands
- 2013-05-16 - New regs for Non-Tank Vessel Response Plans near release
- 2013-06-12 - Resolve opens new London office