Some of the world’s largest users of shipping services are among the 24 members of the Federal Maritime Commission’s newly formed National Shipper Advisory Committee.
The committee’s 24 members are evenly divided between those who export cargo from and those who import cargo to the United States. They will advise the FMC on policies relating to the competitiveness, reliability, integrity, and fairness of the international ocean freight delivery system.
“The current freight transportation challenges have illustrated how prescient my colleague Rebecca Dye was in recommending to Congress that it establish this Shipper Advisory Committee at the FMC,” said FMC Chairman Daniel B. Maffei, as the names of the committee members were announced today. “I and the other Commissioners need rapid access to the perspectives of importers and exporters on the ground dealing with the realities of ocean shipping every day. We also need them to meet and help guide our efforts and those outside the FMC to improve the system and make it easier, fairer, and more efficient to American shippers. I am truly grateful to all of those who volunteered to serve on what I know will be an invaluable committee.”
The committee members, who will serve until December 31, 2024 are:
- Michael Brock, Walmart
- Brian Bumpass, Brenntag North America Inc.
- Justin Cauley, CHS Inc.
- Robert Connor, Mallory Alexander International Logistics LLC
- Chris Crutchfield, American Commodity Company
- Rick DiMaio, Office Depot
- John Esborn, Wayfair LLC
- Scott Fremont, Target
- Sean Healy, The Scoular Company
- Steven Hughes, MEMA/Auto Care Association
- Alexis Jacobson, BOSSCO Trading LLC
- Fernando Lagonell, DuPont
- Alison Leavitt, Wine and Spirts Shippers Association
- Daniel Miller, Cargill Incorporated
- Debb Minskey, IKEA
- Jennifer Morrissey, Ocean Spray Cranberries Inc.
- Kenneth O’Brien, Gemini Shippers Group
- Adnan Qadri, Amazon
- Richard Roche, Mohawk Logistics
- Gabriel Rodriguez, A Customs Brokerage Inc.
- Randy Strait, Tyson Foods
- Michael Symonanis, Louis Dreyfus
- Joshua Woods, Blue Diamond Growers
- Colin Yankee, Tractor Supply Company