Marine Log’s FERRIES 2020 event will be held virtually this year on November 9-10 from 1 to 4 p.m. EST. Speakers will include Drew Orvieto, who is the Engineering Manager and head of Commercial Sales for ZF’s Marine and Special Driveline division in North America.
The COVID-19 pandemic brought the world to a stop in 2020 and the ferry industry is only just now starting to learn to live with the effects. As an international propulsion supplier, ZF Marine faced a number of challenges, including:
- Keeping employees safe and healthy
- Managing and working in international and distributed virtual teams
- Commissioning and servicing vessels while adhering to the varying public health regulations in locations throughout North America
- Supporting its ferry customers as they work to establish a new normal in the midst of the pandemic
The presentation will discuss some of ZF Marine’s key lessons learned during these uncertain times, as well as provide recommendations for the industry at large on how to move forward together.
Drew Orvieto holds a bachelor’s degree in Naval Architecture, a master’s degree in Product Architecture & Engineering, and an MBA. Prior to joining ZF in 2015, he worked with a variety of boat and shipbuilders including Feadship, General Dynamics NASSCO, and Sea Ray.
- Registration for this virtual conference is free. More details HERE.