JANUARY 8, 2016 — The National Shipbuilding Research Program (NSRP) has issued a Request for Information (RFI) 01-01, to solicit abstracts related to research, development and implementation of best practices in the U.S. shipbuilding and repair industries.
The NSRP is a collaboration of U.S. shipyards that focuses on common issues with a goal of reducing the cost of acquiring, operating and maintaining Navy ships through: manufacturing best practices, government and industry collaboration, breakthrough technologies and processes, and rapid and widespread implementation.
The current solicitation is looking for proposals that will achieve one or more of the following:
- Improved quality in ship construction and/or repair
- Reduction in Total Ownership Cost of ships
- Improved energy efficiency or environmental impact in shipyards or ships
- Reduced cost associated with systems integration during ship construction, modernization and maintenance
Abstracts will conform to an Executive Summary format but without detailed cost information and will include:
- Nature and Scope of Research (General Objective)
- Business Case Synopsis
- Technical Strategy and Key Innovations
- Technology Transfer & Implementation Plan
Download the solicitation HERE