Eastern Shipbuilding Group, Inc., Panama City, Fla., reports that its Allanton facility has recently launched the C.D. White, the first of two 5,100 HP Z-drive ship handling tugs under construction for Bisso Offshore, LLC, a division of E.N. Bisso & Son, Inc.
Both tugs are being built to Robert Allan Ltd RApport 2400 design tugs, customized by the designer, the builder and owner to provide specific operational features including 63+ ton bollard pull, enhanced maneuverability and escort performance, better fuel economy, crew comfort, safety under the new USCG Sub-M requirements and reduced emissions meeting the new EPA Tier 4 emissions regulations.
The tug has main dimensions, molded, of 80’-0 x 38’-0 x 13’-2”.
Technical particulars are as follows:
- ESG Designation: Hull 225
- Fuel Oil: 28,000 USG
- DEF/Urea: (2) x 850 USG
- Potable Water: 8,750 USG
- Total Horsepower: (2) x 2,549 HP @ 1,800 RPM
- Bollard Pull (Predicted): 63 Metric Tons
- Main Engines: (2) LA CAT, Caterpillar 3512E Tier 4 EPA/IMO III marine propulsion diesel engines
- Main Propulsion: (2) Rolls Royce US205 P20 Z-Drives
- Main Generators: (2) Kennedy Engines Co. John Deere 4045AFM85 Tier 3 EPA certified Marine Auxiliary Diesel Generator Set, each rated at 99kW @ 1,800 RPM
- Firefighting: (1) Counterfire ES-125-400, 1,500 gpm at 100 psi, diesel engine driven and 4” Stang remote controlled fire monitor
- Forward Hawser Winch: (1) Markey Machinery, Inc. Model DEPCF-42 HS, Single Drum 40HP, Render/Recovery, Line Tension Display, Electric Escort Hawser Winch
- Aft Capstan: (1) Markey Machinery, Inc. CEPB-40 5HP Tow Bitt Capstan
- Tow Hook: (1) Washington Chain & Supply 90 Ton SWL tow hook, electric-air remote control, manual or remote release.
- Regulatory: USCG Sub-M, Certificate of Inspection (COI) (Oceans), Designed and Built to ABS Class standards (but not classed under ABS rules)
- Flag: United States of America