The U.S. Army Corps of Engineers Memphis District has awarded Great Lakes Dredge and Dock LLC, a harbor dredging contract in the amount of $5,238,035.
Contracted work includes dredging six harbors.
- Memphis Harbor/McKellar Lake in Memphis, Tenn.
- Helena Harbor Phillips County in Helena-West Helena, Ark.
- New Madrid Harbor, Mile 889 in the city of New Madrid, Miss.
- Osceola Harbor in the city of Osceola, Ark.
- Wolf River Harbor in Memphis, Tenn.
- Elvis Stahr Harbor in Hickman, Ky.
The anticipated start date is July 1, 2021, with a scheduled completion date in February of 2022.
“Dredging these harbors involves removing sediment from the authorized navigation channel to maintain a specific depth for safe navigation in and out of harbors,” Project Manager Vickie Watson said. “The Memphis District is responsible for maintenance dredging certain harbors along the Mississippi River. These harbors serve as vital links to rail and highway transportation systems in the region, helping to deliver products and commodities to and from global markets.”