Abu Dhabi Ports’ Safeen Group has signed its second contract with Turkey’s Med Marine shipyard for the construction of a MED-A2360 series tugboat. Delivery is set for July 2021.
The vessel, a RAmparts 2300-MM tug designed by Robert Allan Ltd. exclusively for Med Marine, will be deployed to meet the growing marine service requirements of Abu Dhabi Ports as well as the needs of the wider maritime industry.
Safeen selected the vessel for its versatile, multi-purpose, compact ASD design, which features efficient ship-handling, coastal towing, and other general purpose towing capabilities.
Med Marine has built six tugs of the same design, including a 50 tons bollard pull version.
“We are very happy and proud to be continue our cooperation with Safeen Group for repeat orders of one of our best sellers—the MED-A2360 class tugboat,” said Med Marine’s business development manager, Muhammet Gökhan. “It’s always a pleasure when our customers repeat order to Med Marine as it confirms we are going in the right direction.”
“We are pleased to announce the acquisition of Med Marine’s MED-A2360 tugboat as part of SAFEEN’s fleet,” said Capt. Salem Al Menhali, Safeen Group’s acting director of marine services operations. “The addition of the new vessel, which features a range of ultra-modern innovations in ship handling and coastal towing, further enhances our world-class and integrated services provided to our customer operating in Abu Dhabi ports and outside in the region and globally.”
- LOA: 23.00 m
- Beam: 10.90 m
- Depth 4.4 m
- Draft : 505 m
- Bollard pull: 60 ton
- Speed: 12 knots (approx.)
- Main engines: 2 x CAT 3512, 2 x 1.765 kW @ 1.800 rpm
- Propellers 2 x Kongsberg US205 P20 FP with 2.400 dia
- Forward towing winch THR Marine EFTW 300 kN
- Deck crane ToimiL Marine / T12505M/3 SWL 1.03 tons at 10.1 m
- Generator set 2 x Caterpillar C4.4 86ekW
- FiFi system 1 x 1400 cu.m/hr. pump, 2 by 1,200 cubic meters per hour foam / water monitors
- Accommodations: 6 persons