Gulf Island Fabrication, Inc. reports that its Shipyard Division has successfully delivered the M/V Connolly M, a Z-Tech 30-80 Terminal/Escort Tug to Bay Houston Towing Company.
The M/V Connelly M was designed by Robert Allan Ltd of Vancouver, B.C. ,and built at Gulf Island’s, Jennings, La,, shipyard facilities. The vessel will be operated by G &H Towing on behalf of Bay Houston Towing Company.
Gulf Island is currently building seven sister vessels that are at various stages of construction.
The M/V Connelly M has the following characteristics:
- Dimensions (Overall): 98’6” x 42’8” x 16’5”
- Total Horsepower: 6,772 hp
- Main Propulsion: two Caterpillar 3516 E “C Rating” Tier 4, each delivering 3,386 hp @ 1,800 rpm
- Bollard Pull (tugs): 80 tonnes
- Z-Drive: two Schottel SRP 510 FP
- Classification/Certification: ABS, A1, AMS, Towing Vessel, Escort,