The U.S. Transportation Command has awarded twelve U.S.-flag shipping companies contracts totaling $738.7 million for international ocean transportation and intermodal distribution services. All the contracts run through August 31, 2020.
The total is slightly down from the $757.4 million awarded last year and substantially down from the $871 million awarded in 2017 (see earlier story).
Here’s who got what:
- Maersk Line Limited, Norfolk, Va. – $170,116,349
- American President Lines LLC, Washington,D.C.- $140,308,984
- American Roll-On Roll-Off Carrier LLC, Parsippany, N.J. – $83,994,841
- Matson Navigation Company Inc., Oakland, Calif. – $71,217,825
- Liberty Global Logistics LLC, Lake Success, N.Y.- $68,353,914
- Farrell Lines Inc., Reston, Va. – $61,956,899
- Hapag-Lloyd USA LLC, Piscataway, N.J. – $55,905,823
- Central Gulf Lines Inc., New York, N.Y. – $33,998,317
- TOTE Maritime Alaska Inc., Federal Way, Wash. – $19,451,914
- TOTE Maritime Puerto Rico LLC, Jacksonville, Fla. – $14,001,976
- Schuyler Line Navigation Company LLC, Annapolis, Md. – $12,175,878
- Young Brothers LTD, Honolulu, Hawaii – $7,293,050