Eastern Shipbuilding Group, Inc., Panama City, Fla., has delivered the first of two 80-foot 5,100 hp Z-drive tugs, the M/V C.D. White, to Bisso Offshore, LLC, a division of E.N. Bisso & Son, Inc., New Orleans.
The vessel has received its USCG Sub-M Certificate of Inspection (COI) and completed ABS-witnessed bollard pull testing, demonstrating a stern pull of 67.6 short tons and a bow pull of 65.2 short tons.
The M/V C.D. White is a Robert Allan Ltd. RApport 2400 design ship-handling tug. Its sister vessel, M/V A.Thomas Higgins is currently under construction at Eastern’s Allanton shipyard.
These two new tugs have been customized by the designer, the builder, and owner to provide specific operational features including a high bollard pull forward and aft, enhanced maneuverability and escort performance, better fuel economy, crew comfort, safety under the new USCG Sub-M requirements and reduced emissions. Each tug’s two LA CAT-supplied Caterpillar 3512 main engines meet the new EPA Tier 4 (and IMO Tier III) emissions regulations.
The C.D. White is the second boat to be named after Cornelius Dee “Jack” White, Jr. Jack White was an owner of E.N. Bisso and was married to the company’s then President, Beverly Bisso White.
- Dimensions (Molded): 80’-0 x 38’-0 x 13’-2”
- ESG Designation:Hull 225
- Fuel Oil: 28,000 USG
- DEF/Urea: (2) x 850 USG
- Potable Water: 8,750 USG
- Total Horsepower: (2) x 2,549 hp @ 1,800 RPM
- Bollard Pulls: stern pull 67.6 short tons, bow pull 65.2 Short Tons
- Main Engines: (2) LA CAT, Caterpillar 3512E Tier 4 EPA/IMO III marine propulsion diesel engines
- Main Propulsion: (2) Kongsberg/Rolls Royce US205 P20 Z-Drives
- Main Generators: (2) Kennedy Engines Co. John Deere 4045AFM85 Tier 3
- EPA certified marine auxiliary diesel generator set, each rated at 99kW @ 1,800 RPM
- Firefighting: (1) Counterfire ES-125-400, 1,500 gpm at 100 psi, diesel engine driven and 4” Stang remote controlled fire monitor
- Forward hawser winch: (1) Markey Machinery, Inc. Model DEPCF-42 HS, single drum 40 hp, render/recovery, line tension display, electric escort hawser winch
- Aft Capstan: (1) Markey Machinery, Inc. CEPB-40 5 HP tow bitt capstan
- Tow Hook: (1) Washington Chain & Supply 90 Ton SWL tow hook, electric-air remote control, manual or remote release.
- Regulatory:USCG Sub-M, Certificate of Inspection (COI) (Oceans), Designed and built to ABS Class standards (but not classed under ABS rules)
- Flag:United States of America