AUGUST 23, 2016 — Eastern Shipbuilding Group, Inc. reports that its Nelson Street shipyard has delivered the escort tug Oceanus to Suderman & Young Towing.
The vessel is the third in of four identical (RAL) designed Z-Tech 2400 Class Terminal & Escort Tugs currently under construction for Suderman & Young Towing Company at Eastern. A further four of the tugs for are on order at Eastern for BayHouston Towing Co.
All eight will be operated by G&H Towing Company, which is serving as the owners’ onsite representative and agent during the engineering, construction and delivery for both series of tugs.
Technical particulars of the Oceanus (ESG Hull#: H240) are:
- Dimensions (Overall): 80′-0″x 38′-3″x 15′-9″
- Total Horsepower: 5,150 HP @ 1,600 RPM
- Main Engines: two Caterpillar 3516C (B rating) Tier 3 marine propulsion diesel engines Main Propulsion: two Schottel Model SRP 1215FP in nozzles Z-Drives
- Main Generators: two John Deere 4045AFM85 Tier 3, 99 kW 480 V @ 1800 RPM marine diesel generator sets
- Hawser Winch: one Markey Machinery Fairleader 50HP Electric Hawser Winch, Model DEPCF-48S, 36″ wide Drum Mid-drum brake holding capacity 300,000 lbs
- Classification: ABS +A1, Towing Vessel, AMS and Escort Service ABS Loadline (SoC), Statement of Compliance
- Flag: United States of America