Eastern Shipbuilding Group, Inc. recently delivered the escort/rescue Z-drive tug Ava M. McAllister to McAllister Towing, Inc.
The tug is USCG Sub-M certified and is the third in a series of four vessels built to the same Jensen Maritime design. The lead vessel Capt. Brian McAllister, was delivered by Horizon Shipbuilding in 2017. The second, Rosemary McAllister, was delivered by Eastern last year. and the fourth, Capt. Jim McAllister, will be delivered by Eastern later this year.
The Ava M. McAllister has the following characteristics:
- Dimensions (Overall): 100’ x 40’ x 16’-4”
- Total Horsepower: 6,772 HP
- Main Engines: 2 x Caterpillar 3516E 3,386 HP @ 1800 RPM, Tier 4 EPA -Certified Marine Diesel Engines
- Main Propulsion: 2 x Schottel SRP-510 Z-Drives Fixed Pitch
- Reduction Gears: 2 x Lufkin MV1600S, with 2:1 Reduction
- Main Generators: 3 x Caterpillar C7.1 Turbocharged, each rated at 118kW @ 1,800 RPM
- Firefighting: 1 x Caterpillar C9.3 Tier 3 EPA Certified Marine Auxiliary Diesel Engine rated at 375 HP @ 1,800 RPM
- Fire Pump & Monitors: 1 x FFS Model SEP150 x 200HD, 3,000 GPM
- 2 x FFS Model 300M Monitors, 1,500 GPM each
- 1 x IM/API-100 AFFF Foam Proportioner @ 3 & 6%
- Hawser Winch: 1 x Markey Machinery Series DEPCF-52-75 Single Drum Hawser Winch, Bow mounted
- Towing Winch: 1 x Markey Machinery Series DEPC-42-40 Single Drum Tow Winch, Stern mounted