MAY 21, 2015 — Hong Kong headquartered Anglo-Eastern Ship Management has signed a Premium Turbocharger Maintenance Contract with MAN Diesel & Turbo's MAN PrimeServ Turbocharger.
Anglo-Eastern has over 470 ships under full technical management and over 21,000 seafarers in its pool. The contract covers some 330 turbochargers installed in various vessels from the Anglo-Eastern fleet operating worldwide. The turbocharger types covered are essentially a mixture of NA/TCA axial types for main engines, and NR/TCR radial types for auxiliary engines.
PrimeServ says that a key influence in negotiations was the good fit between the global nature of Anglo-Eastern's trading routes and PrimeServ's global network of service centers. Under the terms of the agreement, PrimeServ will provide all relevant services in a complete maintenance package.The new agreement is the first time Anglo-Eastern has employed PrimeServ to handle its turbocharger service program. MAN PrimeServ Turbocharger – in coordination with the MAN PrimeServ network – will coordinate and plan all upcoming scheduled maintenance intervals for Anglo-Eastern's turbochargers, including the timely delivery of necessary spare parts.
With a Premium Maintenance Contract, MAN Diesel & Turbo handles all scheduled maintenance planning for the customer six to seven months prior to an upcoming turbocharger service. The customer simply confirms the upcoming service by email.
Contract benefits include:
- timely spare-parts planning that enables higher price flexibility
- MAN PrimeServ Turbocharger monitors and administrates upcoming maintenance intervals
- fixed prices for turbocharger services and spare parts
- turbocharger operational data constantly updated including the complete maintenance history
- open access to maintenance documentation, electronic spare-parts catalogues and service reports through PrimeServ's customer intranet.