MAY 20, 2015 — A former casino boat, the North Star Riverboat, formerly the Harrah's North Star, is up for sale again.
It is being offered in an "invitation to bid" sale format, closing June 8.
The boat was offered at a live auction this past February, but Stuart B. Millner & Associates (SBMA)—the asset management company conducting the auction—has put the boat back on the market "due to financial complications with the previous buyer."
The North Star Riverboat is located on the Ohio River at 133 Rose Drive, Ledbetter, KY 42058. According to SBMA officials, the current status of the river being low makes it the most logical and convenient time to purchase the boat.
About the North Star:
- New in 1994
- Formerly a casino
- 260 feet long and 78 feet wide
- $24 million when it was built
- Two Caterpillar 16-cylinder diesel generators
- Two Caterpillar 12-cylinder diesel engines
- Eight Chillers that air conditioned the entire boat (capable of 690 tons of air conditioning)
- 500 HP motor used for paddlewheel
- All steel construction: approximately 2,200 tons
- Over 1,500 tons of steel (est.) – All interior walls are either aluminum or stainless steel
- 24 miles of copper wire installed
- Navigation gear fully functional, including new radar system
- Ultra-modern rest room facilities (granite vanities and tile flooring)
The only conditions that have changed since the previous auction: Most of the carpeting and ceiling tiles have been removed.