OCTOBER 23, 2014 — Cargotec's MacGregor business is being reorganized into seven divisions that will become effective January 1, 2015. Cargotec says that the six new operative divisions, along with Global Lifecycle Support as the seventh division will enable MacGregor to improve customer service throughout the lifecycle of the products, offer more comprehensive packages and boost the development of new ship type specific solutions.
The MacGregor portfolio has grown significantly through acquisitions and now includes Hatlapa, Porsgrunn, Pusnes, Triplex and Woodfield products.
Cargotec says that the new divisions will work closely together in marketing, sales, sourcing, R&D and engineering, leveraging the scale and capabilities of the whole MacGregor organization for the benefit of customers. To support this cross-divisional work, two new MacGregor Group-level functions are being established:
- R&D and Sourcing, headed by Erik Hägglund
- Marketing and Business Development, headed by Pasi Lehtonen
The new operative divisions as of January 1, 2015 are:
- Auxiliary and Machinery Systems Division, headed by Alexander Nürnberg
- Cargo Handling Division, headed by Leif Byström
- Offshore Load Handling Division, headed by Tom Svennevig
- Offshore Deck Machinery Division, headed by Esko Karvonen
- Offshore Mooring and Loading Division, headed by Leif Haukom
- RoRo Division, headed by Magnus Sjöberg
- Global Lifecycle Support Division, appointment will be announced later in 2014