MAY 4, 2014 — Dubai headquartered MAC (Marine Assets Corporation) is keeping its shipbuilding partner, China's Fujian Mawei Shipbuilding, busy.
As we recently reported, MAC last month added four newbuild OSV contracts to its orderbook at Fujian Mawei. Valued at $125 million, including some owner furnished equipment, the latest contracts cover two additional 60 m PSVs to follow two recently launched units that will be delivered in July and two newly designed 89 m, 240 bed MAC flotels.
Even before starting these latest vessels, though, the building has plenty of work underway for MAC, which offers specialized vessels to the offshore oil and gas industry with a particular emphasis on vessels based on the CSS (compact semisubmersible) concept.
MAC currently has 25 OSVs under contract and due for delivery between May 2014 and September 2016
The photograph below, taken earlier this year, shows the production process for three CSS vessels under construction simultaneously at Fujian Mawei.
1) In the foreground can be seen the CSS Themis in the early stages of assembly.
2) Towards the end of the dry dock can be seen the CSS Venus which will be launched in mid May
3) On the quay wall in the final stages of completion is the BSC CSS 1, which will be delivered in July 2014.
4) Stanford Mustang, launched mid-April, can be seen in the dry dock on the right.
5) Slight view of MAC hull 619-43 behind the CSS Venus
6) On the left can be seek all the building block assembly to support the shipbuilding assembly line