AUGUST 30, 2013 — ClassNK Executive Vice President Toshitomo Matsui announced today that the ClassNK Casualty Investigation Team's analysis and investigation of the MOL Comfort casualty will take longer than initially expected, and will delay the release of its findings.
The team began investigating the MOL Comfort casualty in mid-June when the five year old containership broke in two.
Earlier this month, ClassNK said that the team expected to complete its analysis and investigation of the casualty in early September.
"However, the time consuming nature of some of the analysis work has forced the team to revise its forecast for completion," the classification society said today. "The team continues to carry out its exhaustive investigation into the cause of the casualty, and now expects to release its findings to the public by the end of October 2013."