FEBRUARY 28, 2013 — Kvichak Marine Industries, Inc., of Seattle, WA, has been awarded a contract to build a 64 ft all-aluminum pilot boat for the Savannah Pilots Association of Savannah, GA.
The Savannah Pilots Association have been guiding vessels on the 25.5 mile journey from the sea to the port of Savannah for over 140 years. They require vessels with excellent seakeeping ability and maneuverability even in the worst of sea conditions.
Designed by Camarc Design, U.K., the 64 ft x 19 ft vessel is powered by twin MTU 12V2000 engines rated at 1,450 BHP each and driving Hamilton 521 waterjets via ZF 3050 marine gears. This combination will allow excellent maneuverability and a top speed of around 33 knots.
Delivery is scheduled for September 2013.
Additional vessel features include:
- Fuel capacity - 1,200 gallons
- D-rubber / aircraft tire fendering
- Complete electronics package
- (2) Phasor K4 30 kW Gensets
- Day galley & pilot accommodations
- 2 crew, 7 pilots
- 500 lb SWL capacity rescue davit
- E/R ventilation by Delta "T" Systems
- Main engine exhaust by Marine Exhaust Systems, Inc.