MARCH 4, 2016 — Eastern Shipbuilding Group, Inc, Panama City, FL, recently launched the Zyana K. The vessel is the second in series of four Robert Allan, Ltd. (RAL) designed Z-Tech 2400 Class terminal and escort tugs currently under construction at Eastern's Nelson Street facility for Bay-Houston Towing Co.
The ZYANA K is scheduled for delivery in 2016.
Eastern is also constructing simultaneously an identical series, of the same design for Suderman & Young Towing Company. G&H Towing Company is the owners' onsite representative and agent during the engineering, construction and delivery for both Bay-Houston and Suderman & Young Towing companies.
The Zyana K Z-Tech 2400 has the following characteristics:
- Dimensions (Overall): 80'-0"x 38'-3"x 15'-9"
- Total Horsepower: 5,150 HP @ 1,600 RPM
- Main Engines: (2) Caterpillar 3516C (B rating) Tier 3 marine propulsion diesel engines
- Main Propulsion: (2) Schottel Model SRP 1215FP in Nozzles Z-Drives
- Main Generators: (2) John Deere 4045AFM85 Tier 3, 99 kW 480 V @ 1800 RPM marine diesel generator sets
- Hawser Winch: (1) Markey Machinery Fairleader 50 HP Electric Hawser Winch, Model DEPCF-48S, 36" wide drum, mid-drum brake holding capacity 300,000 lb