The American Salvage Association (ASA) has relocated its offices from Arlington, Virginia, to Alexandria, Virginia. The new address is 103 Oronoco Street, Suite 200, Alexandria, VA 22314 USA. The telephone and fax numbers remain the same, Tel: 1-703-373-2267; Fax: 1-703-373-2036, as does the website, www.americansalvage.org.
Previously at offices co-located with the American Waterways Operators (AWO), ASA now resides in office facilities maintained by the Passenger Vessel Association (PVA).
"ASA's leadership team is grateful to AWO for the experience and support ASA received while a member of the "Vessel Alliance" program for the last eight years. With this move, ASA looks forward to the future with the Association's staff operating from new offices in Alexandria and we encourage colleagues and friends to stop by for a visit," said Mauricio Garrido, ASA President.
The American Salvage Association is a trade association promoting professionalism and improving marine casualty response in North American coastal and inland waters.
June 6, 2011
Marine Log News
- 2011-03-30 - American Salvage Association establishes Education Committee
- 2012-03-27 - Salvage of capsized tug in dry dock successful
- 2012-03-29 - Resolve completes Sri Lanka wreck removal project
- 2012-05-23 - Rena salvage operations continue
- 2012-10-31 - New Crowley tug assists stranded Cuban boxship
- 2012-11-28 - Resolve completes Jireh wreck removal
- 2012-12-04 - Donjon pumps play vital part in Sandy response
- 2012-12-14 - Titan Salvage opens depot in Cairns, Australia
- 2012-12-17 - Captain Dennis Brand rejoins Titan Salvage
- 2013-02-05 - Crowley and Titan wrap up Hurricane Sandy response efforts
- 2013-02-05 - Smit awarded contract for grounded minesweeper
- 2013-02-07 - Titan Salvage makes VP appointment
- 2013-03-04 - Resolve and FDNY sign marine fire response agreement
- 2013-03-27 - Patrick Keenan joins Titan Salvage
- 2013-04-12 - Inland Salvage completes salvage of jack-up in GoM
- 2013-04-24 - Titan refloats grounded box ship from U.K’s Farne Islands
- 2013-05-16 - New regs for Non-Tank Vessel Response Plans near release