Metro Machine Corp., Norfolk, Va., is being awarded a $78,836,991 modification under previously awarded contract (N00024-09-C-4416) for amphibious landing ship USS Ashland's (LSD 48) modernization, upgrades, preservations, and alterations in support of the multi-ship, multi-option (MSMO) LSD mid-life extension.
The LSD MSMO was developed to provide extended drydocking, modernization, upgrades, repairs and alterations to several shipboard systems such as the engineering control systems, power management platform, and chilled water distribution systems for the LSD-class amphibious landing ships. Work will be performed in Norfolk, Va., and is expected to be completed by Jan. 25, 2012. Contract funds in the amount of $45,388,617 will expire at the end of the current fiscal year. Norfolk Ship Support Activity, Norfolk, Va., is the contracting activity.
May 10, 2011
Marine Log News
- 2012-09-07 - Pride of America set for major upgrades
- 2012-09-12 - BAE Norfolk gets $27.2 million more for CG-72 work
- 2012-09-20 - BAE Norfolk gets Navy contract mods worth $104.8 million
- 2012-11-21 - London Club warns on cargo hold pipework
- 2012-11-26 - BAE San Francisco gets $13.3 million MSC award
- 2013-02-05 - Detyens awarded $8.45 million for T-AKE 5 drydocking
- 2013-02-11 - OceanSaver offers BWT "future-proofing" deal
- 2013-02-12 - Colonna's wins $17.9 million Navy contract
- 2013-02-15 - Parker to take $15.8 million FCPA-related charge
- 2013-03-18 - Rand Logistics starts 2013 sailing season
- 2013-04-30 - BAE Norfolk wins $49.4 million Navy contract