"The HII Board's decision to name Irwin and Matt as presidents of their respective shipyards more accurately reflects the scope of their responsibility and accountability in leading the operations of the two largest components of our company," said Mike Petters, Huntington Ingalls Industries president and CEO.
Edenzon, former VP and GM of HII's Gulf Coast operations, will continue his oversight over all programs and operations at Ingalls Shipbuilding, including U.S. Navy destroyer, amphibious assault and surface combatant programs, and the U.S. Coast Guard cutter program. He is also responsible for two HII subsidiaries, Continental Maritime San Diego and AMSEC. Edenzon has also served as sector VP and GM for Northrop Grumman Shipbuilding-Gulf Coast, as well as director of future carrier programs and senior VP of technology development and fleet support for Northrop Grumman Newport News. He earned a bachelor's degree in criminal justice from Rutgers University and a master's degree in business administration from Florida Atlantic University.
Mulherin, former VP and GM of HII's Newport News operations, will continue his responsibilities for all Newport News Shipbuilding engineering, operations and programs, including nuclear-powered aircraft carriers and submarines. Mulherin also served as vice president and general manager of site operations at Newport News as part of Northrop Grumman Shipbuilding, successfully leading the sector's aircraft carrier design and construction programs, carrier refueling and overhaul programs, and the submarine program. Mulherin earned a bachelor's degree in civil engineering from Virginia Tech in 1981 and began his career at Newport News that same year, as a nuclear test engineer.
April 25, 2011
Marine Log News
- 2011-08-12 - Huntington Ingalls makes environmental health and safety appointment
- 2011-09-15 - Bryan Nichols joins Vigor Industrial sales team
- 2011-12-01 - Brian Carter appointed President, Seaspan Shipyards
- 2012-01-10 - Chinese satellite-tracking vessels to have MAN Diesel & Turbo propulsion packages
- 2012-03-19 - LaHood announces Small Shipyard Grant recipients
- 2012-04-02 - Bergen Group Fosen awarded further OCV contract by Volstad Maritime
- 2012-05-17 - ABS to class latest Ensco drillship newbuild
- 2012-06-04 - EC plans to provide €6.5 million to retrain redundant Danish shipyard workers
- 2012-07-19 - Wärtsilä RT-flex engines will power KOTC tanker series
- 2012-08-09 - EC plans aid for unemployed Spanish shipbuilding workers