We will have openings in Portland, OR and Seattle, WA
The position provides technical support, complex design modeling, technical design drawings and technical documentation for ship design and construction/overhaul projects as assigned.
The role reports to the Project Engineer.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS AND MAJOR RESPONSIBILITIES:
(This list is not intended to detail all aspects of the assigned work but is representative of the job’s overall responsibilities.)
1. Develops layout/configuration designs and conducts design modeling in support of Naval Architects and Engineers, including necessary calculations.
2. Prepares technical drawings and associated technical documentation.
3. Participates in technical design discussions and may prepare or analyze technical design studies.
4. Submits data to the Project Engineer and assists with program plan schedules for the Department.
5. Prepare or cause to be prepared, collect, review, adjust, and submit estimates for new jobs and changes for jobs on hand with regard to Engineering Services.
6. Coordinate technical data activities within the Department and with other Departments.
7. Maintain communication and coordination with the customer and other Departments on configuration and design matters.
8. Determine and define the technical data products required for assigned projects.
9. Conduct necessary meetings and write technical letters, reports & correspondence with customers.
10. Responds to change productively and contributes to team effort by accomplishing related results as needed.
The Senior Marine Designer operates within broadly established guidelines and must use sound judgment and independent decision making in carrying out job responsibilities. The Senior Marine Designer is responsible for making technical decisions within his/her discipline.
A Senior Marine Systems designer does not have direct supervisory responsibilities, but is expected to mentor less experienced designers.