ESSENTIAL JOB RESPONSIBILITIES AND DUTIES
- Direct supervision of craft personnel, including recommendation of manpower levels, time keeping, attendance records, training, safety, discipline, and other related personnel issues.
- Exercise technical supervision of craft, advising Superintendents and Project Managers of technical problems within specific area of expertise.
- Supervise work in progress for jobs in which their craft is the lead craft or has responsibility.
- Support fellow Superintendents, Project Managers, and Shipyard Management by managing cost within assigned job budgets and shop budgets.
- Assures compliance with all applicable environmental regulations, BMPs, and company standards. Adheres to all company policies.
- Works with Coast Guard, ABS, and other regulatory bodies where required.
- Extensive practical experiences relating to pipefitting, hydraulics and air controls.
- Minimum of three years marine shipyard experience supervising pipe fabrication and repairs.
- Strong supervisory and communications skills.
- High school education or GED equivalent.
- Knowledge of personal computers including Excel and Word. Experience with AutoCad desirable.
- Working knowledge of the English language adequate for effective spoken, written, and phone communication.
- Knowledge of new construction techniques including weld processes, weld sequences, metal forming and rigging of heavy components.
Skills & Abilities
- Adequate communication and human relation skills.
- Ability to plan and organize work in an often changing environment.
- Ability to remain calm and maintain a sense of humor during times of stress.
- Ability to mentor and develop skill levels of assigned workers.
- Ability to understand and use drawings, specification, material and equipment.
- Ability to understand and practice budgetary controls by effective management of manpower and materials within estimation goals.
- Ability to understand industrial safety and environmental requirements, including OSHA and WISHA standards.
- Ability to lift 60 pounds.
- Able to stand for extended periods of time and work in all types of weather.
- Able to access all areas of shipyard.
- Physical requirements include ability to sit, stand, ascend/descend stairs, walking, kneeling, stooping, using a ladder, on an incline, reaching overhead. Will be working with hand tools and ability to manipulate small objects. Must also be able to work in a shipyard and on a vessel environment e.g.; dust, smoke, wet/humid, and high noise levels.
- Temperature: varies from lows in teens during Winter to the 90s (possible over 100 degrees within tanks) during Summer.
- Humidity: Dependent on weather.
- Wind: Dependent on weather.
- Noise: Low to high exposure, dependent on task.
- Rain/Snow/Sleet: Rain exposure can be frequent as most work is accomplished outside; snow/sleet exposure is seldom due to local climate.
- Dust/Fumes/Mists: Can be experienced frequently at moderate levels and occasionally heavy, requiring the use of a respirator.
- Ultra-Violet Light: Can be experienced frequently, dependent on proximity of workers; and requires appropriate eye protection and partitioning shields as needed.
To apply: Send resume and cover letter to – firstname.lastname@example.org or fax (206) 270-4899. Resume should include a cover letter and salary requirements.
Foss Maritime Company is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer and a Drug Free Work Place - Participant of the E-Verify Employment Verification Program