MARCH 13, 2013 — In an update to an earlier statement, the Coast Guard says it continues to respond to the allision between a tug pushing a barge resulting in a pipeline fire near Bayou Perot 30 miles south of New Orleans (see earlier report).
ES & H, the oil spill response organization, is on scene and has mobilized 7,218 feet of containment boom and 6,000 feet of 18-inch containment boom, one cabin boat, five responder class boats, one Marco skimmer and two 24-foot express hull vessels in response to the incident.
There are 2,215 barrels of crude on the barge and approximately 1,000 gallons of diesel on the tug.
A Coast Guard overflight is scheduled for 1 p.m. Wednesday to conduct shoreline impacts and assessments.
There is a one mile by 75 foot-wide sheen reported in the vicinity of the tug and barge.
The owner of the pipeline is Chevron, and the owner of both the barge and the 47-foot tug Shanon E. Settoon is Setoon Towing LLC.
The pipeline was shut in Wednesday evening, and the Coast Guard says the fire will diminish as the product diminishes.
- 2011-06-16 - Kirby confirms second quarter earnings guidance
- 2012-04-19 - Ingram to buy U.S. United Barge Line from United Maritime Group
- 2012-03-25 - Intracoastal Iron Works busy building towboats
- 2012-03-27 - Salvage of capsized tug in dry dock successful
- 2012-03-27 - Bollinger Shipyards team on Bouchard ATB conversion
- 2012-05-12 - United Maritime Group to sell its bulk terminal unit in $215 million deal
- 2012-09-20 - Barges play key role in Virginia submarine program
- 2012-10-02 - Crowley awarded $16.5 million MSC charter for ATB
- 2012-10-09 - Waller LNG ATB gets ABS approval in principle
- 2012-10-09 - Vulcan Materials christens new tugboat
- 2012-10-10 - Low sulfur fuel capacity increased in Colombian port
- 2012-10-11 - International Shipholding buys Jones Act bulker operator
- 2012-10-18 - VT Halter Marine delivers ATB tug to Bouchard
- 2012-10-25 - Damen sells first hybrid tug to Dutch owner
- 2012-11-01 - Rand Logistics puts Jones Act ATB into service
- 2012-11-12 - Crowley tug crew makes heroic San Francisco Bay rescue
- 2012-11-12 - Wilson Sons to build 12 Damen ASD tugs for its fleet
- 2012-11-20 - Signet Maritime to add another Robert Allan-designed tug
- 2012-11-28 - Kirby to acquire Penn Maritime for $295 million
- 2012-12-12 - Vigor Marine replaces bow of 80,000 bbl barge
- 2012-12-17 - Kirby completes Penn Maritime acquisition
- 2012-12-17 - TY Offshore launches 30,000 bbl FMT oil barge
- 2012-12-19 - ACL to transport Canadian crude on U.S. waterways
- 2013-01-02 - Mississippi shutdown looms
- 2013-01-03 - Signet Shipbuilding delivers deck barge
- 2013-01-03 - Crowley makes VP appointment
- 2013-01-08 - Ingram Barge promotes Robert Barker
- 2013-01-09 - USCG and NTSB probe OSG tanker allision with Bay Bridge
- 2013-01-11 - Tanker that struck Bay Bridge is cleared to sail
- 2013-01-22 - US Fab to build deck barge for Harley Marine Alaska service
- 2013-01-23 - Damen delivers Stan Tug to Norwegian shipbuilder
- 2013-01-29 - Vane Line wins $13.1 million TRANSCOM contract
- 2013-01-31 - Kirby reports increased fourth quarter earnings
- 2013-02-04 - Buckley McAllister named President of McAllister Towing
- 2013-02-05 - Barge Master platform completes offshore testing
- 2013-02-14 - Bouchard orders 250,000 bbl ATB at VT Halter
- 2013-02-20 - Swiber completes India's first offshore floatover installation
- 2013-02-22 - Jensen Maritime designs Harley tugs and deck barge
- 2013-02-27 - Stevens Towing elects new president
- 2013-03-13 - Massive blaze after tug hits pipeline
- 2013-03-14 - USCG continues response to tug and barge pipeline allision
- 2013-03-21 - Bouchard exercises ATB option at VT Halter
- 2013-03-22 - Nichols launches first of two tractor tugs for Harley
- 2013-03-27 - Kotug to add four new Rotor Tugs to its fleet
- 2013-03-29 - Conrad adds $51.4 million in new business
- 2013-04-01 - Great Lakes Shipyard launches first of two tugboats
- 2013-04-01 - Tanker hits Sarah Long Bridge
- 2013-04-03 - Tanker freed following bridge allision
- 2013-04-10 - Rolls-Royce and Drydocks World sign LNG fueled tug MOU
- 2013-04-24 - Vigor-built barge supports King County ferry operations
- 2013-04-25 - Barge explosions rock Mobile
- 2013-04-30 - SEACOR's Fabrikant: "We're very unhappy ..."
- 2013-04-30 - Buksér og Berging orders ASD tug from Vard Braila
- 2013-05-01 - Rand Logistics hires Bob Bezan for new VP position
- 2013-05-01 - Buckley McAllister elected new Chairman of AWO
- 2013-05-10 - Crowley takes delivery of DP2 ocean tug
- 2013-05-10 - COSCO Zhoushan wins launch barge order
- 2013-05-14 - Marcon brokers sale of 1995-built Alaska tug