MARCH 8, 2013 — Pompano Beach, FL, based Flagship Management, LLC reports Sheila LaFleur will be joining the firm as a Senior Associate in its maritime practice. Flagship specializes in personnel and executive recruiting for the maritime and energy markets and Ms. LaFleur is a former colleague of Flagship's partners with a proven record of recruitment success.
All of Flagship's Principals and Associates are maritime academy graduates with extensive industry experience both at sea and on shore. Ms. LaFleur is a graduate of the California Maritime Academy where she obtained a Bachelor's Degree in Business Administration with a minor in Law. She holds a USCG Unlimited Master's License and spent seven years at sea onboard tankers, tugs, breakbulk and multiproduct vessels. Since coming ashore four years ago she has focused on maritime recruitment, business development and human resource consulting. She holds a certificate in Human Resource Management from Florida Atlantic University and is a member of the CMA Alumni Board of Directors.
"It's great to welcome Sheila LaFleur back to our team. We've worked with Sheila before and are excited to have her join our practice," said Jack Mylott, a Partner in the company. "Sheila has earned an excellent reputation in the industry and compiled a wide-ranging network of contacts. She is an accomplished professional who brings a wealth of experience to our group."
"I am excited to join the same team of professionals with whom I have had so much success in the past," said Ms. LaFleur. "I am truly passionate about recruitment and look forward to sourcing the best candidates for our customers. I am honored to be part of the Flagship family and look forward to contributing to its continued growth."
Marine Log News
- 2011-09-23 - California Maritime students receive Thomas B. Crowley Sr. Memorial scholarships
- 2012-11-13 - Academy training ships house FEMA Sandy responders
- 2012-11-13 - CIT Group launches maritime finance business
- 2013-01-07 - J.F. Lehman & Company acquires IMECO
- 2013-01-23 - EC approves Finnish aid for clean ships
- 2013-01-29 - Kings Point welcomes new Deputy Superintendent
- 2013-01-30 - Resolve Maritime Academy partners Transas on ECDIS
- 2013-02-07 - House members launch Congressional Maritime Caucus
- 2013-02-13 - Texas A&M cadets train on Rose Point navigational software
- 2013-02-20 - "Perception gap" in seafarers' view of shoreside opportunities
- 2013-03-08 - Ulstein Verft gets new MD
- 2013-03-27 - Nobu Su steps down as TMT CEO
- 2013-04-09 - ABS and MPA fund Singapore professorship program
- 2013-04-29 - Obama picks Foxx to succeed LaHood at Transportation