MARCH 1, 2013 — The U.S. Navy has awarded General Dynamics Electric Boat a contract to perform submarine safety program (SUBSAFE) and intermediate submarine maintenance work for submarines. This five-year, indefinite delivery, indefinite quantity contract has a potential value of $215.5 million. Electric Boat is a wholly owned subsidiary of General Dynamics (NYSE: GD).
Electric Boat will provide technical management, administrative and technical services, tools, equipment and facilities and required support to accomplish installation, repair and maintenance of weapons, hull, mechanical and electrical equipment.
Electric Boat has performed SUBSAFE work for the Navy for more than four decades and is a proven provider of intermediate-level maintenance and modernization activities.
Marine Log News
- 2012-09-20 - Barges play key role in Virginia submarine program
- 2012-10-28 - Tenth Virginia-class submarine christened at NNS
- 2012-11-12 - Newport News Shipbuilding launches SSN 783
- 2012-11-17 - Electric Boat gets $88.8 million more for Virginia class work
- 2012-12-26 - Electric Boat gets $1.8 billion for SSBN (X) work
- 2013-01-31 - EB gets $41.58 million more for Hartford drydocking
- 2013-05-07 - NNS on track to deliver SSN 783 ahead of schedule
- 2013-06-06 - Newport News delivers final Block II Virginia class sub