JANUARY 30, 2013 — Resolve Maritime Academy has joined the Transas Global ECDIS training network, known as Get-Net. The academy recently expanded its Fort Lauderdale, FL, training facilities, adding a second ECDIS classroom with Transas simulation software and Transas ECDIS to meet the high demand for generic and type-specific ECDIS training.
The training partnership with Transas allows Resolve Maritime Academy to comply with all flag state, port state control and classification society requiremente, in time for the new ECDIS training requirement deadlines.
ECDIS systems come in varying degrees of complexity and mariners must understand the proper use and particular functions of their own onboard systems . ECDIS training is now mandatory for all officers serving aboard ships fitted with ECDIS.
Resolve Maritime Academy, LLC is a wholly owned subsidiary of esolve Marine Group, Inc. Located on SE 17th Street in Fort Lauderdale, the academy offers simulation-based training for the maritime industry utilizing state-of-the-art Transas simulation software in six bridge simulators, including one full mission bridge with a connected bridge wing, four mini bridges and two ECDIS classrooms.
Marine Log News
- 2011-09-23 - California Maritime students receive Thomas B. Crowley Sr. Memorial scholarships
- 2012-02-15 - Nautical Institute issues industry-backed ECDIS training guidance
- 2012-11-13 - Academy training ships house FEMA Sandy responders
- 2012-11-21 - ECDIS familiarization guidelines available
- 2013-01-29 - Kings Point welcomes new Deputy Superintendent
- 2013-02-13 - Texas A&M cadets train on Rose Point navigational software
- 2013-03-08 - Flagship adds another maritime academy grad to its team
- 2013-04-02 - Bourbon orders PC Maritime ECDIS for IMR newbuilds
- 2013-04-22 - Raytheon Anschütz books OSV bridge orders
- 2013-04-26 - ClassNK certifies Type Specific ECDIS course