JANUARY 24, 2013 — Pablo Sosa, Vice President and General Manager, and Chris Jones, Sales Application Engineer, are the new owners of Ft. Lauderdale, FL, based Spurs Marine Manufacturing.
Spurs is the world leader in line and net cutter systems that prevent propeller entanglement and potential oil seal failure.
Donald Govan, Owner and Chief Design Engineer of the company since its founding in 1981, has sold the company to them and says, "they make a great team. They know the marine and international shipping community and its changing needs, and our customers will be well served under their leadership."
Pablo Sosa (left in picture) has been with Spurs Marine for over 15 years and has created a number of computerized and technical systems for product manufacturing. He has also helped establish a global network of Spurs' dealerships and distributors. Chris Jones joined the company two years ago and is responsible for product design and installation.
Spurs Line and Net Cutter Systems have been installed on more than 100,000 vessels worldwide and are globally recognized for their ability to use opposing rotary and stationary cutting blades to sever lines and nets. The systems are ABS-approved and protected by U.S. and international patents. Spurs' products have made navigation safer for coast guards, navies, commercial shipping fleets and pleasure craft.
Marine Log News
- 2012-11-07 - Tanker propeller jobs keep Hydrex teams busy
- 2012-11-08 - New MHI propeller promises major fuel savings
- 2012-12-05 - Dredge shows big fuel savings after propeller and nozzle switch
- 2013-02-27 - Wärtsilä opens new workshop in Brazil
- 2013-03-25 - NPT Propeller delivers impressive results
- 2013-04-18 - Neptune newbuilds to have Rolls-Royce Promas propulsion
- 2013-04-26 - Tuna vessel to have high efficiency propulsion package