JANUARY 8, 2012 — Peter G. Livanos has handed over the day to day running of Monaco based LNG carrier operator GasLog Ltd.(NYSE:GLOG) to Paul Wogan.
Mr. Wogan, who has now been named CEO, joined GasLog in February 2012 as Chief Strategy Officer.
In addition, the Board has appointed Simon Crowe as Chief Financial Officer as of April 1, 2013 and Graham Westgarth as Executive Vice President Operations and Strategy as of January 14, 2013.
As part of the change in Senior Management, Philip Radziwill has stepped back from his executive position in the Company but will maintain his support of the Management through his position on the Board of GasLog. Both Mr. Livanos, who will now serve as Executive Chairman, and Mr, Radziwill will continue to play a key role in guiding the strategy of the company.
Mr.Wogan has 26 years' experience in the shipping industry, many of them spent leading large global shipping businesses. From 2004 to 2008 he was President of Teekay Tanker Services. Prior to that he was CEO of Seachem Tankers and was instrumental in arranging and executing the merger of Seachem with Odfjell ASA. In 2008 he co-founded Sure Wind Marine Ltd. , which provides marine services to the offshore wind farm industry.
"We are delighted that Paul Wogan has accepted the role of CEO," said Mr. Livanos. "His overall depth of business experience and strong background in the specialty shipping and tanker industry is a huge asset to the GasLog team."
"This is a very exciting time for the company and I am extremely honored to be leading the team through this next phase of growth" said Paul Wogan.
The newly appointed CFO, Simon Crowe, joins GasLog from Subsea 7, an engineering, construction and services contractor to the offshore energy industry, where he served as CFO from 2009 until July 2012. Until he takes over the role of CFO in April , Mr. Crowe will work alongside the current CFO, Henrik Bjerregaard, to ensure a smooth transition.
In 2010 to 2011 alongside the CEO, Mr. Crowe successfully led the Acergy/Subsea 7 merger and oversaw the post-merger integration. Previously, he was with Transocean Ltd. most recently as VP Strategy and Planning and prior to that as Finance Director for Transocean's Europe and Africa operations. Mr. Crowe is a member of the Chartered Institute of Management Accountants.
The newly appointed Executive Vice President, Operations and Strategy, Graham Westgarth joins GasLog from Teekay Shipping where he has been a member of the Teekay Senior Leadership team since February 1999. Most recently he was EVP of Innovation, Technology and Projects, which included commercial and operational responsibility for a number of FSO's. From 2001 to 2010 he served as President, Teekay Marine Services with responsibility for 5,000 sea and shore staff and the technical management of 200 vessels. During this period he also spent a year as CEO of Teekay Petrojarl following its acquisition. Prior to Teekay, he was at Mærsk Company Limited from 1987 to 1999, the last five years of which were as General Manager of the Maersk UK flag fleet.
Mr. Westgarth is the current Chairman of INTERTANKO.
"We are extremely excited that Graham has agreed to join us" said Mr. Livanos. "Graham has extensive experience in growing and developing the operational capability of shipping businesses and this will serve us well as we enter a period of rapid expansion for our owned fleet.
Marine Log News
- 2011-07-13 - MHI reinvents the Moss-type LNG tanker
- 2012-04-17 - Cheniere gets FERC approval for Sabine Pass LNG export facility
- 2012-04-20 - Wärtsilä reports increase in order intake
- 2012-04-02 - Wärtsilä Hamworthy wins third Höegh LNG regas technology contract
- 2012-05-22 - GL and MAN study looks at LNG as containership fuel
- 2012-06-01 - Exmar awards Wison EPCIC contract for world's first FLRSU
- 2012-07-16 - Kleven to build LNG-fueled PSV for Remøy Shipping
- 2012-08-07 - Excelerate Energy orders eight FSRUs from DSME
- 2012-10-09 - Waller LNG ATB gets ABS approval in principle
- 2012-10-19 - First steel cut for Prelude FLNG
- 2012-11-12 - Wärtsilä sales of gas-fueled engines top 2,000 mark
- 2012-11-13 - Waller Marine to develop small-scale LNG terminals
- 2012-11-14 - BP Shipping to use Jeppesen VVOS on 52 vessels
- 2012-11-21 - Incat launches LNG fueled high speed RO/RO
- 2012-11-28 - Siem LNG fueled PSV has Wärtsilä design and equipment
- 2012-11-30 - Hyundai Heavy develops new LNG tank design
- 2012-12-03 - Wärtsilä gets equipment order for LNG-fueled Quebec ferry
- 2012-12-04 - TOTE orders two LNG fueled containerships from NASSCO
- 2012-12-06 - TOTE order is first for MAN's LNG-fueled low speed engine
- 2012-12-07 - Wärtsilä to supply fifth LNG package to Harvey Gulf
- 2012-12-10 - Gas-burning low speed engine has formal unveiling
- 2012-12-11 - MHI starts construction of "peapod" LNG carrier
- 2012-12-13 - TK LNG gears up for U.S. exports with newbuild order
- 2012-12-17 - Teekay's Evensen named next CMA Commodore
- 2012-12-20 - Teekay LNG orders are second for MAN B&W ME-GI
- 2012-12-21 - LR gives approval in principle to LNG-fueled bulker
- 2012-12-26 - LNG ship orders give HHI order book a year-end boost
- 2013-01-10 - LNG-fueled cruise ferry delivered by STX Turku shipyard
- 2013-01-11 - EU funding for LNG bunkering vessel project
- 2013-01-16 - LNG fueled cruise ferry has Navis DP
- 2013-01-21 - DNV and KOGAS in LNG bunkering project
- 2013-01-28 - NASSCO books order for TOTE Orca class LNG conversions
- 2013-01-29 - EU funds study of barriers to LNG fueling
- 2013-02-08 - Damen Shiprepair Brest wins another LNG tanker contract
- 2013-02-13 - Teekay's LNG burning two strokes promise big benefits
- 2013-02-22 - Maersk Group turns in 2012 profit of $4 billion
- 2013-02-25 - Crowley adds Farhad Rajabi to project management team
- 2013-03-01 - LNG bunkering could be available in Australia by 2016
- 2013-03-04 - New Braemar Houston venture will advise on LNG fueling
- 2013-03-05 - Shell moves to boost U.S. availability of LNG fuel
- 2013-03-11 - Ports respond to growing interest in LNG as ships' fuel
- 2013-03-14 - Wärtsilä wins Viking Grace maintenance agreement
- 2013-03-21 - GAO reports on impacts of Jones Act on Puerto Rico trade
- 2013-03-25 - MHI and Imabari form LNG ship JV to compete with Korea
- 2013-04-10 - Rolls-Royce and Drydocks World sign LNG fueled tug MOU
- 2013-04-15 - Wärtsilä solution picked for Evergas LNG newbuilds
- 2013-04-15 - DNV offers shipowners an "LNG ready" option
- 2013-04-15 - HHI introduces new membrane LNG containment system
- 2013-04-17 - GE Power Conversion books LNG ship, FSRU orders
- 2013-04-17 - Mitsui Engineering demonstrates ME-GI engine
- 2013-04-18 - Amarcon and GTT cooperate on LNG sloshing prevention
- 2013-05-02 - Hoegh LNG ship to serve as China's first FSRU
- 2013-05-15 - ABB signs five year service deal with LNG ship operator
- 2013-05-16 - MOL inks LNG transport deal; new ship in the works
- 2013-05-16 - Davie inks deal to build two LNG-fueled ferries