DECEMBER 12, 2012 — China Oilfield Services Limited (COSL) has chosen the Havyard 832 design for renewal of its supply vessel fleet, and has ordered Havyard designs for construction of four vessels.
The Havyard 832 is a platform supply vessel with a length over of 78.5 m, molded breadth of 17.6 m, maximum draft of 6.5 m and a cargo deck area of 800 sq.m. Deadweight at 6.5 m draft is 4,000 t.
Hong Kong listed COSL is the drilling and offshore services offshoot of government owned China National Offshore Oil Corporation (CNOOC), the largest offshore oil and gas producer in China. COSL owns 34 drill rigs, two accommodation rigs, four module rigs and eight land-based drill rigs. Its offshore services fleet includes 75 supply vessels, eight seismic vessels and five standby vessels.
Besides its activities in China, COSL also operates in the Americas, the Mid East, Africa, Europe, Southeast Asia and in Australia.
Havyard won the PSV design contract in an international tender against tough competition and its design was chosen following an in-depth technical and commercial evaluation process made by COSL.
"It really is a great honor for Havyard to be chosen as a supplier of ship designs to COSL`s 6000 HP fleet of supply vessels, and we are confident that the Havyard 832 design will meet their expectations," said Mao Liling, General Manager of Havyard China in Shanghai. "COSL is the leading supplier of services to the Chinese offshore oil industry and winning this design order for their fleet renewal program is a prestigious achievement."
"It is very pleasing to once more receive confirmation that Havyard`s products are sought after and competitive in China," said Gunnar Larsen, Havyard Group Senior Vice President Market & Business Development. "There have been several constructions of offshore vessels of a Havyard design both for Chinese and foreign shipowners in China. We see COSL's decision in choosing Havyard designs as a confirmation that they have made good experiences with foreign operators. COSL is a customer everyone wishes to cooperate with and to deliver products to, and the market will notice that they are choosing Havyard now."
The contract for the four designs continues a string of Havyard successes in Asia. Two weeks ago, the Havyard 843 design Kan Tan 225 was named and delivered to Sinopec in China. In November, Havyard also sold designs for two vessels with an option for six further design deliveries for vessels to Basic Offshore in Singapore, potential constructions that will also take place in China.
Marine Log News
- 2011-05-12 - Olympic Shipping orders third MT 6015 at Kleven
- 2012-02-23 - PSV to have world's first shipboard DC power grid
- 2012-05-14 - Alianca delivers second PX 106 to Brazil's CBO
- 2012-07-12 - OSD secures design contract for Platform Supply Vessel
- 2012-08-17 - Miclyn Express Offshore building two Platform Supply Vessels
- 2012-08-27 - Rethinking the Platform Supply Vessel
- 2012-10-05 - Corvus supplying battery system for fuel cell vessel
- 2012-10-08 - Hungry Chinese yards turn focus from bulkers to OSVs
- 2012-10-10 - Nam Cheong sells two build-for-stock PSV newbuilds
- 2012-10-23 - Rolls-Royce to design and equip Brazilian-built PSVs
- 2012-11-07 - Gondan launches PSV for Østensjø Rederi
- 2012-11-08 - Britoil to enter PSV market with PX121 pair
- 2012-11-12 - Wärtsilä sales of gas-fueled engines top 2,000 mark
- 2012-11-16 - Rolls-Royce to design and equip Jiangsu Eastern PSVs
- 2012-11-28 - Siem LNG fueled PSV has Wärtsilä design and equipment
- 2012-12-03 - Thoma-Sea launches Lockport shipyard's largest vessel yet
- 2012-12-04 - Basic Offshore picks new Havyard design for PSV newbuilds
- 2012-12-06 - BAE Systems Jacksonville wins order for two PSVs
- 2012-12-07 - Wärtsilä to supply fifth LNG package to Harvey Gulf
- 2012-12-10 - Rolls-Royce to supply $15 million Jackson PSV package
- 2012-12-19 - Wärtsilä wins a clutch of ship design contracts
- 2012-12-31 - MEO's Thai JV takes delivery of newbuild PSV
- 2013-01-11 - Tidewater takes over three PSV newbuild contracts
- 2013-01-17 - Deep Sea Supply in Brazil PSV and AHTS joint venture
- 2013-01-28 - Damen launches first vessel in new PSV series
- 2013-01-29 - IHC Merwede introduces new OSV series
- 2013-01-31 - Aries Marine orders PSVs at Leevac Shipyards
- 2013-02-06 - PSV will be first vessel with Rolls-Royce Unified Bridge
- 2013-02-25 - GPA releases more details of Jackson Offshore PSVs
- 2013-03-06 - Ulstein delivers third PSV to its Blue Ship subsidiary
- 2013-03-07 - Ulstein books design and power orders for Vroon PSVs
- 2013-03-27 - Cochin shipyard delivers first of four Vard design PSVs
- 2013-04-02 - USDOT says Bravante launch shows value of Title XI
- 2013-04-04 - PSV is first vessel with ABB Onboard DC Grid
- 2013-04-12 - Leevac wins Tidewater PSV contract
- 2013-04-17 - Aberdeen naming ceremony for Sinopacific X-bow PSV
- 2013-04-22 - Petrobras contracts 23 newbuild OSVs
- 2013-04-22 - Raytheon Anschütz books OSV bridge orders
- 2013-04-23 - Vard gets LOI for LNG-fueled PSV
- 2013-04-29 - Kuma Shipping to build two PSVs to new Ulstein design
- 2013-05-06 - New GE podded drive uses pump jet technology
- 2013-05-13 - Ulstein delivers fourth PSV to its Blue Ship subsidiary
- 2013-05-15 - Tidewater to buy Norway's Troms Offshore Supply