NOVEMBER 16, 2012 — General Dynamics Electric Boat Corp., Groton, Conn. is being awarded an $88,828,706 modification to previously awarded contract (N00024-10-C-2118) for development studies and design efforts related to Virginia-class submarines. The contractor will continue development studies and design efforts related to components and systems to accomplish research and development tasks and prototypes and Engineering Development Models (EDMs) required to fully evaluate new technologies to be inserted in succeeding Virginia-class submarines.
Work will be performed in Groton, Conn. (87 percent); Quonset Point, R.I. (9 percent); Newport, R.I. (2 percent), and Newport News, Va. (2 percent), and is expected to be completed by November 2013.
Contract funds in the amount of $6,300,000 will be obligated at contract award. Contract funds will not expire at the end of the current fiscal year. The Naval Sea Systems Command, Washington, D.C., is the contracting activity.
Marine Log News
- 2012-09-20 - Barges play key role in Virginia submarine program
- 2012-10-28 - Tenth Virginia-class submarine christened at NNS
- 2012-11-12 - Newport News Shipbuilding launches SSN 783
- 2012-12-26 - Electric Boat gets $1.8 billion for SSBN (X) work
- 2013-01-31 - EB gets $41.58 million more for Hartford drydocking
- 2013-03-01 - Electric Boat awarded SUBSAFE contract
- 2013-05-07 - NNS on track to deliver SSN 783 ahead of schedule