NOVEMBER 13, 2012 — Rotterdam-headquartered Imtech Marine and Furuno and have jointly developed an innovative product for inland waterway shipping. The RHRS 2014 river radar is a revolutionary color radar with a user-friendly mouse control and a black box with two SD cards for 24 hours of storage of radar images.
The RHRS 2014 replaces the RHRS 2005, which is now being used on more than 4,000 inland waterway ships. The RHRS 2014 is approved by the Wasser- und Schifffahrtsverwaltung des Bundes for inland waterway shipping in Europe.
A compact LED-TFT screen makes the radar is easy to install and it has touchpad control. Other advantages are the "docking modus" for mooring with two GPS-sensors, display of maximum 300 AIS targets (Automatic Identification System) and a color screen that displays a clear picture during both day and night. Inter switching is also possible for four antenna-/processor configurations via Ethernet connection.
Marine Log News
- 2012-05-31 - Waterways Council names Debra A. Colbert Senior Vice President
- 2012-11-09 - Congress warned of threat to Mississippi River commerce
- 2013-01-08 - Mississippi shutdown fears eased, for now
- 2013-01-15 - Enterprise Marine wins SeaRiver contract
- 2013-02-04 - Buckley McAllister named President of McAllister Towing
- 2013-02-20 - Obama unveils plan for rebuilding infrastructure
- 2013-04-23 - ARTCO to establish Towing Safety Management System
- 2013-05-02 - Allegretti takes helm at American Maritime Partnership