NOVEMBER 8, 2012 — Philippe Donche-Gay has been appointed Executive Vice-President in charge of the Marine & Offshore Division of classification society Bureau Veritas. This follows the merging of BV's marine and offshore activities following the retirement of Bernard Anne from his position as Executive Vice-President and Managing Director of the Marine Division.
Since he joined Bureau Veritas in 2008, Mr. Donche-Gay has been Executive Vice- President in charge of the Industry & Facilities Division. He started his career with IBM, holding various management positions in France and in the United States. In 1994, he joined the international management of Capgemini and became Chief Executive Officer of Capgemini West Europe & Latin America. He holds an engineering degree from France's Ecole Polytechnique and a Master of Science degree from Stanford. Didier Michaud-Daniel, Chief Executive Officer, Bureau Veritas, says, "Bernard Anne has served Bureau Veritas and the marine industry well. Under his leadership, BV's marine business has grown and strengthened to deliver high-quality services. We thank him and wish him a happy and fulfilling retirement. The new team headed by Philippe Donche-Gay will ensure that BV's marine and offshore business continues to grow in competence, quality and dimension."
Mr. Donche-Gay says, "Our portfolio of services covers every aspect of the marine and offshore industries. Our new structure will allow us to maximize the synergies between marine and offshore, giving both industries the best practices of the other. We have a very strong group behind us and are well placed to support owners and operators. I will be visiting most of our global clients to listen to their needs and to ensure that our new organization will provide them with a constantly improving quality of service."
Marine Log News
- 2011-05-16 - Bureau Veritas sees new pressures for operational efficiency
- 2011-05-31 - ABS announces sweeping management changes
- 2011-07-19 - Bureau Veritas cuts time needed for CAP report
- 2012-04-19 - Kirsi Tikka to head up ABS Europe Division
- 2012-05-30 - ClassNK passes 200 million gt mark
- 2012-11-19 - ABS in strategic cooperation with Taiwan shipbuilder
- 2013-03-27 - ClassNK approves duplex stainless steel applications
- 2013-04-11 - New DNV JIP aims to reduce jacking gear failure
- 2013-04-23 - ABS turned in record performance in 2012
- 2013-04-26 - ClassNK certifies Type Specific ECDIS course
- 2013-04-29 - ClassNK signs authorization agreement with Myanmar
- 2013-04-30 - ABS releases advisory on exhaust gas scrubbing
- 2013-05-31 - ClassNK releases latest Rules
- 2013-06-04 - GL develops box ship concept for Intra-Asian routes
- 2013-06-07 - More European shipowners switch to ClassNK
- 2013-06-10 - RINA launches new rules, notations and guidance
- 2013-06-13 - Bore to install ship efficiency software on second Ro-Ro