Ocean Rig UDW Inc. (NASDAQ: ORIG), which is majority owned by Dry Ships, Inc.(NASDAQ: DRYS), reports that it has received a Letter of Award (LOA) for its ultra deepwater drillship "Ocean Rig Olympia," from a major oil company.
The LOA is for a three year contract for drilling offshore West Africa, with an estimated backlog of approximately $652 million. The LOA is subject to completion of definitive documentation and receipt of regulatory approvals. The contract is expected to commence in direct continuation of the Ocean Rig Olympia's existing contract in West Africa. The customer would have the option to extend the contract for two periods of one year each, with the first option exercisable within one year from the commencement date under the drilling contract, and the second option exercisable within one year after the date of exercise of the first option. With this latest fixture, says Ocean Rig, it no longer has any rigs available in 2012.
April 9, 2012
- 2011-11-01 - Rowan exercises option for third drillship
- 2011-11-18 - Pacific Drilling IPO raises $46 million
- 2012-03-21 - Vantage Drilling to add DSME newbuild drillship to fleet
- 2012-11-20 - TTS Group invests in drillship, gets orders for cranes
- 2012-11-23 - Wärtsilä gensets and thrusters for Brazil drillships
- 2012-11-29 - Sembcorp Marine gets seventh Brazil drillship order
- 2012-12-13 - Atlântico Sul drillships to have Rolls-Royce engines, thrusters
- 2012-12-18 - Pacific Drilling extends drillship option at Samsung
- 2012-12-28 - Noble working to correct Alaska drillship deficiencies
- 2013-02-07 - ABB to supply electrical systems for Brazilian drillships
- 2013-04-03 - Brazil's pre-salt brings big orders to GE Power Conversion
- 2013-04-30 - Caterpillar to power six Brazilian built drillships
- 2013-05-09 - Rolls-Royce books 100th drillship propulsion order