The contract for the construction of LPG carriers was originally signed in July 2010, but not yet included in the orderbook. The total value of the contract is approximately $536 million, boosting the shipbuilder's orderbook by approximately NOK 3 billion.
Fully Pressurized LPG Carrier 7,000 cu.m
The contract provides for the construction of two different types of LPG Carriers, designed by Hamworthy: Fully pressurized with cargo capacity of 7,000 cu.m (four units) and 4,000 cu.m (two units) and semi-refrigerated with cargo capacity of 12,000 cu.m (twounits).
The vessels are scheduled to be delivered between 2014 and 2016 from STX OSV's new shipyard currently under development at Suape in the state of Pernambuco, Brazil.
November 20, 2011
Marine Log News
- 2011-10-27 - Bath Iron Works moves 4,000 ton Zumwalt module
- 2012-02-01 - ABG shipyard wins $104.4 million, six ship AHTS order
- 2012-03-02 - Germany's FSG books order for versatile project cargo duo
- 2012-04-26 - JHSV 1 completes builder's sea trials
- 2012-05-20 - Bath Iron Works Machinists ratify new four year labor contract
- 2012-05-22 - Graig to supervise ten more bulker newbuilds at Jiangsu Rongsheng
- 2012-06-04 - Cecon faces new delay to Davie newbuilds
- 2012-06-08 - Austal lays keel for first Cape Class patrol boat
- 2012-08-15 - Austal USA honors apprenticeship program grads
- 2012-08-29 - Austal results "below expectations"
- 2012-09-03 - Abu Dhabi Mar eyes P+S Werften
- 2012-09-10 - Lauritzen JV orders North Sea accommodation semi