Internal damage sustained during the sinking degraded the stability of the dry dock.
Resolve was engaged to assess the casualty, and plan and execute the refloating.
First, 12 electric submersible pumps were installed to replace the dry dock's inoperable pumps.
Resolve then used the RMG 400 sheer leg heavy lift crane barge to maintain longitudinal stability of the structure during the 8-day refloat operation.
Resolve had deployed the AHTS Resolve Pioneer, the tug Lana Rose and RMG 400 heavy lift crane barge to the Perseverance refloat operation after completing the refloating and scuttling of the Angeln container vessel wreck off the coast of St. Lucia.
San Juan Towing & Marine Services, the owner of the Perseverance dry dock, is a resource partner within Resolve's network of OPA 90 service providers.
November 16, 2011
Marine Log News
- 2012-04-03 - Canada to invest C$101 million to restore and upgrade Esquimalt Graving Dock
- 2012-05-04 - Caddell orders newbuild floating dry dock at Senesco Marine
- 2012-07-17 - Sea Star invests in improvements for Puerto Rico trade
- 2012-10-04 - Eniram releases study on cruise ship fouling
- 2012-11-12 - Newport News Shipbuilding launches SSN 783
- 2012-12-14 - Doubler plate repair lets bulker sail after collision
- 2013-01-14 - Vigor orders giant floating dry dock for Portland
- 2013-02-12 - Harvey Gulf gets $100 million charter for newbuild
- 2013-02-28 - Hercules Offshore buys liftboat Titan 2
- 2013-04-15 - Newport News places Ford upper bow section
- 2013-05-03 - Panama Canal shipyard back in operation