Mr. Kazura was previously Vice President International Planning and Development at Horizon, where among other responsibilities he led the transition team that established the carrier's Five Star Express (FSX) trans-Pacific service in December 2010. As VP of International Services, Mr. Kazura will take overall responsibility for the FSX service, which calls Shanghai, Ningbo, Los Angeles, Oakland and Apra Harbor, Guam.
"Alherd's experience establishing the FSX last year, together with his finance and business development background, makes him well-suited to tackle the challenges of our trans-Pacific operation in a very competitive market environment," Mr. Taylor said.
"We have a great team operating the FSX in China, Guam and the United States, and I am excited to take on this new responsibility," Mr. Kazura said.
Mr. Kazura brings nearly three decades of experience to the new role. After spending the first six years of his career working for cruise line operators, Mr. Kazura joined Sea-Land Service, Inc. in 1989. He has held positions of increasing responsibility at Sea-Land and Horizon Lines in various areas of the business, including corporate strategy, finance, business development and operations.
August 16, 2011
Marine Log News
- 2011-04-29 - Court slashes Horizon Lines fine
- 2011-08-09 - Matson discontinues CLX2 China-Long Beach Express
- 2011-09-20 - Cosco Busan owners and operators to pay $44.4 million civil settlement
- 2011-10-06 - Horizon Lines completes refinancing of capital structure
- 2011-10-20 - Horizon Lines loses NYSE listing
- 2011-10-25 - Horizon Lines to discontinue trans-Pacific service
- 2011-11-02 - Grand China Shipping suspends trans-pacific service
- 2011-12-01 - Alexander & Baldwin and Matson Navigation to become separate companies
- 2012-02-14 - TUI moves ahead with plans to sell remaining Hapag-Lloyd stake
- 2012-03-07 - Horizon Lines issues updates on environmental initiatives
- 2012-03-06 - APL to fit fuel emulsification system to main engine of 10,000 TEU box ship
- 2012-03-22 - FastShip files for Chapter 11 bankruptcy protection
- 2012-05-02 - Diana Containerships ups profit, declares dividend
- 2012-06-08 - Horizon Lines gets new President and CEO
- 2012-09-14 - Double christening for Evergreen Line at Samsung
- 2012-10-01 - Gibdock completes complex box ship crane refurbishment
- 2012-10-02 - Costamare subsidiary reaches settlement in Rena case
- 2012-10-17 - Evergreen adds another eco-friendly containership
- 2012-11-08 - World's largest containership starts maiden voyage
- 2012-11-27 - Matson plans new Jones Act ships, but not soon
- 2012-12-03 - Rickmers partners with Oaktree to build containerships
- 2012-12-03 - No resolution yet in LA Long Beach port strike negotiations
- 2012-12-10 - Gas-burning low speed engine has formal unveiling
- 2012-12-14 - World's largest containership makes first stop in Europe
- 2013-01-16 - Seaspan orders five 14,000 TEU containerships from HHI
- 2013-02-18 - Emma Maersk towed from Egyptian port
- 2013-03-26 - NOL adds new 14,000-TEU "Eco ship"
- 2013-05-06 - Hyundai Heavy books order for world's largest box ships
- 2013-05-07 - Maersk Line, Limited brings eight ships under U.S. flag
- 2013-05-08 - Five dead after ship slams into Genoa control tower
- 2013-05-20 - New Houston to Puerto Rico U.S.-flag service to debut